Tuesday, July 20, 2010

STT Turbo 6-MAX Tournaments - $3.30

I have been playing these single table Turbo 6max tournaments on Poker Stars lately and killing them. Yesterday I played 5 tournaments - placed 1st in 3 of them and 2nd in one of them. The past 5 days I have taken my $10 bankroll (I started over) and built it up to $60!

To be fair, I have also been playing $2.20 heads up matches about a third of the time - and winning a good number of those too.

I know these are micro levels - but it feels great to be on a winning streak.

Proper bankroll for Turbo 6 max is 50 buy-ins. So I am not employing good BR management yet. I need $165 for that goal. However, that assumes I could go on a loosing streak of 10-15 tournaments - which I don't think would happen at this level. However, it is always a good idea to employ good BR management regardless of level so that when you are playing at the higher levels, it is second nature.

One thing I have learned from experience is tilt is greatly reduced if you are playing with only 2% of your bankroll. If I go on a 6 in a row losing streak, it would still only represent 12% of my bankroll - and keeping that in perspective should lessen the chances of going on tilt.

I will say that I tried 2-tabling the 6-max Turbos and that was a little tricky. I did place 1st in both - but I was sweating to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment