Thursday, September 9, 2010

9-Tabling 25NL at FTP Going Good

I don't post as often as I should. I'll try to post more often in the future.

Well for those of you who read my blog you know that I used to play on Poker Stars. But recently I made the move to Full Tilt Poker (FTP). I still have about $70 at Poker Stars, but my focus currently is at FTP.

I like FTP a LOT better than PS.

First, I get a 27% Rakeback from RakeMeBack.com. That easily adds about 25% more money to my bottom line.

Secondly, FTP offers bonuses way more often than PS. Plus I like FTP's Iron Man VIP program where I can earn up to 900 medals a month and trade in 3000 medals for a $600 bonus. Another great option is I can trade in either 140 medals or 400 medals for either a $26 Tournament Ticket or $75 Tournament Ticket, respectively.

Thirdly, EVERY year in December FTP gives everyone that qualified for Iron Man a bonus. The amount depends on what level of Iron Man you got between July - December. If you get the top Iron Man for all 6 months then your Year End bonus is $600 (The Max). They also have a mid-year bonus!

The list goes on and on. FTP has a better Steps tournament system - allowing you to exchange Step 3 tickets and up for equal value Cash tournament tickets (Awesome!). FTP software is lightning fast! FTP software remembers your where your tables were at on the screen - so when I Multi-Table - the new window correctly re-sizes and goes exactly where the old table was - saves me a LOT of time.

So I am very sold on FTP.

But back to my grind update!

So it has been a little bit of a roller coaster. A few days I lost about 3 Buy-Ins and then a few days I won a few Buy-Ins. So those days all equaled out. But I am still winning in NL25 after passing the 10,000 hand mark yesterday. I think my BB/100 for 25NL is about .5

That is very short of my 3BB/100 goal - but I experienced major turbulence in my first 10,000 hands. Dollar wise I am up $60 in 25NL after 10,000 hands.

My goal is to play 100,000 hands at NL25 and have a 3BB/100. That would mean I have a solid NL25 game and I can then move up to NL50.

If I do hit my 3BB/100 hands while 9-Tabling NL25 - I would be earning about $11.5 per hour.

If you include RakeBack, that number jumps to about $13.50.

If I am also working on a FTP bonus at the same time, the number jumps to $16.80
(Complicated formula because Bonuses take away from your gross Rakeback.)

So the ideal goal on FTP would be to play at least 25 days a month and earn 5000 FTP points. Doing those two things gets me the highest Iron Man level. If I earn the highest Iron Man level for 5 months, then when I earn it in Month 6 - I start accruing 1000 medals a month (choosing to opt in for the extra Iron Man Medals gives me the extra 100 a month).

Then every 3 months I can trade in 3000 medals for a $600 bonus. At NL25 9-Tabling, I figure I release about $6 per hour. That means I release the whole bonus in 6.5 weeks or 100 hours of 9-Tabling.

Unfortunately, that means going 6 weeks without a bonus.

I'll look into if I can use my FTP points to buy more bonuses.

But keep in mind I also get mid-year and end of year bonuses. So I would say at least 9 out of 12 months a year I could be working on a bonus. If I can trade in FTP points for Bonuses, then most of the year I'll be working off bonuses.

It is always better to have RakeBack and a Bonus going at the same time!

By the way - RakeMeBack.com pays rakeback every Friday. Man I love that!

So I can make $800+ per month 9-Tabling NL25 fifteen hours a week. That would be awesome! We'll see what the reality actually turns out to be.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment