Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sunday Million Satellites

So last night I was in the mood to try to win a Sunday Million tournament ticket. Unfortunately, it wasn't in the cards for me - yet again.

After spending 800 FPP's to win a ticket to the Turbo Takedown, I only had 450 FPP's left. The only FPP satellite to the Sunday Million in my FPP range was a 36 Player 375FPP -only one ticket to the Sunday Million. That is a bit of a crap shoot and there was only 3 registered and it wasn't climbing.

So I figured FPP's weren't going to be much help tonight.

I opted instead to try a cash satellite to the Sunday Million. But I didn't want to dip below $600 in my bankroll. Don't know why, but I like being above $600. I consider trying for a Sunday Million ticket a bit of a crap shoot since I either get my money back or loose normally.

So I decided to first try a $5.50 heads up tournament. If I won, my bankroll would sit at $615. There was a $10+1 36 player SitNGo with one ticket up for grabs for the Sunday Million. So I figured if I won the heads up match I would play the $10 + 1.

Luck was with me and I decimated my opponent in less than 10 minutes.

I did not win the Sunday Million ticket though. I ended placing in 14th place and just barely got my $11 back. I thought I placed in 15th and only won $2, but two other players at other tables went out and one of them went out before me. Funny how that worked - I thought I bubbled out!

The rest of the night wasn't anything special. I played another $10+1 heads up match and lost. Then I played another $10 +1 heads up and won. Basically I didn't loose or gain anything bankroll wise.

Pretty insignifant night, other than winning a ticket to the July 26th Turbo Million.

Lately I have only been in the mood to play sattelite tournaments into bigger games. It is a bit exciting. I have done very good at not loosing any money playing these satellites. If I dip, I play a couple heads up matches and get the money back.

I believe I will win a Sunday Million ticket in the next few days if I keep trying. I prefer the satellite tournaments that give you at least 2 tickets to the Sunday Million. Heads up is always a little risky.

Another thing I want to try is playing step tournaments. These seem pretty easy since first two spots wins a ticket to the next step and usually 3rd place wins a ticket to the same step again. A few of the levels even pay out to 5th place to early steps.

Step 4 is the $215 level and can be used to play in the Sunday Million. I might have an easier try winning progressively to a step 4 ticket. Step one tournments cost $7.50 or 500 FPP's.

I figure I could play a heads up $10 + 1 and if I win then play in a step 1 tournament. Keep playing the step tournaments on my original $7.50 investment until I either win a step 4 ticket or bust out. Rinse and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment