Monday, July 13, 2009

Terrible Poker Weekend

What a terrible run of luck. Friday I 4 tabled $100NL and within an hour was down 4 buy-ins. Ouch.

That was the beginning of a bad poker weekend. I had many wins, have no fear. But for every win there must have been 2 or 3 losses. To give you an idea of how many losses that is - I won 9 tournaments. That means I probably lost 18-27 tournaments. Sheesh. That is not including the cash table bad luck either.

I did play the Step tournaments. I think I did pretty good. My first try I won the tournament and got a step two ticket. I then lost the step two tournament, but won a step one ticket. I then won another step two ticket. Then I won the step two tournament and won a step 3 ticket.

That was great! It was one hour before the start of the Sunday Million tournament and I have a Single Table Tournament that pays two Step 4 tickets. Step four tickets can be used to enter the Sunday Millions tournament.

Step three pays to 5 places. First and Second gets step 4 tickets. Third, Fourth, and Fifth place gets step 3 tickets. Those are some great odds! As long as you aren't in the bottom 4 places, you either win a step 4 ticket or get to try another step 3 tournament.

But....my weekend had already suffered through two and a half days of terrible poker. I believe I was a little bit on tilt and my play was certainly effected. I made a bad bluff on the river and got called with top two pairs. I finished in last place! That ended my chances. I was devastated. But, it was my own fault for playing tilty. Sigh.

I must say I like the step tournaments. I think they offer excellent odds for winning a Step 4 ticket to the Sunday Millions. The only downside is you cannot trade the step tickets for cash and if you win a step 4 ticket you either play a step 4 tournament or a $215 tournament. What is nice about winning a Sunday Million ticket on the cash tables is you can unregister from the Sunday Million tournament and sell the ticket for 95% cash or use the T$ for other tournaments.

With my bankroll suffering so much this weekend, I would probably have preferred to sell the Sunday Million ticket for cash. Sigh. That is assuming I was lucky enough to even win one.

No comments:

Post a Comment