Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Great Poker Weekend

On Sunday I ended my session up 2.7 Buy-Ins after 2.5 hours ($68). I 6 tabled all weekend $25NL. I discovered 6 tabling is just as easy for me as 4 tabling. I now think I could probably play 8 tables at once - so I may try that in a week or so.

The weekend started a little wishy washy. On Friday I was ahead about $16 after 2 hours. Then within 30 minutes I was not only not ahead, but I was down $18. Talk about a big swing!

Saturday I had to go out of town, but I snuck in an hour of poker thinking I might be able to swing it back to the positive - no such luck. I went back a full buy-in more - for $41 in the negative.

Sunday I decided to do some poker strategy studying. I first did some investigating on how to properly use Poker Tracker Stats and how to use ACE HUD. The good news is my Poker Tracker (PT) stats are pretty solid. The only major issue with my PT stats was my aggression was slightly lower than I would like for a TAG. I discovered this was due to me calling way too much when I should be raising or folding.

I do a lot of reading on poker forums on the internet. I discovered a fantastic blog about how to use poker tracker statistics to discover your leaks. In the blog was two examples of very good TAGs with amazing PT stats.

The good news is my stats were pretty close to what they considered ideal. The only problem being my loose calling rather than aggressive betting, raising, or folding.

I now understand what statistics to strive for. I won't go into details, but I will include the links for your reading pleasure:

Start Here: http://www.microstackesholdem.com/2008/04/poker-tracker-stat-check-up-guide/

Then read about Pokey's rules for Blind Stealing: http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=5348855

In my next post I will cover in more detail the blind stealing. I applied this strategy to my play on Sunday and it really worked very well. So well in fact that I think I think it may be a quantum leap in my playing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment